Yesterday, I made Chicken a la King stew dish for dinner. My uncle brought it over but I am sharing the four pics left and right of the collage of the process of making it. The middle pic of course is the plate of Japanese white rice topped with Chicken a la King and a piece of crusty Costco bread.
I think it’s a good dish to have it on cold windy days like this week. Recipe below:
Chicken a la King
1 green bell pepper
8 ounces of white mushrooms
½ cup flour
2 cups of milk
1 cup of chicken stock
1 stick of butter
1 jar of pimentos
- Melt butter first.
- Sauté diced vegetables.
- After 5 minutes, add salt/pepper.
- Throw in flour, mix it in.
- Drop in 2 cups of milk, and 1 can of chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add as much chicken, peas & pimentos as you want.
- Bring to a boil, and then back to medium for a few minutes.